All The Stations are creating an online video series of adventure and travel on railways in Great Britain and Ireland, led by Vicki Pipe and Geoff Marshall.
The original All The Stations voyage took place during summer 2017, and saw the duo travel to all 2,563 railway stations in Great Britain. The 59 videos from this expedition have so far accumulated over 4 million views on YouTube and a book about the journey, The Railway Adventures, is an Amazon best-seller.
In spring 2019, Vicki and Geoff took the project international and travelled to all 198 stations in Ireland and Northern Ireland, made possible through the generous support of the public, with people backing the project on Kickstarter to make it a reality. This was followed up by travelling to all 86 stops in the Isle Of Man on their railways too.
All The Stations explores the communities connected to the lines interviewing local people and those who work on the railways, to find out about their experiences of travelling by train.
How can you follow along?
All The Stations:
• Posts professionally edited videos on YouTube that document the journey and bring you closer to the experience. There will be one video created for each day we spend travelling on the rails.
• Keeps you in touch with our daily progress using Facebook Live, Twitter and photographs on Instagram - all as it happens.
What counts as having visited each station?
- At each station we must either arrive or leave on a scheduled train that is timetabled to stop. Fast trains that pass through do not count.
- We do not have to leave the train at every station, but we will get off at some of the most interesting stations to capture footage of the surrounding areas.
- Unlike England, Wales and Scotland, Ireland had no request stops, so there’s no special rule this time to have to deal with them!
And finally, it’s not a race to do this in the fastest time possible, it’s a team effort between two people to cover all the stations, with the cameras rolling.
More of your questions are answered over on the Kickstarter page in the FAQ section, have a read!
We would like to say a huge thank you to all our supporters who have funded us through Kickstarter crowdfunding to make these journeys possible.